- Nutrition Certification Reviews
- Center for Nutrition Advocacy
- Precision Nutrition
- USDA: Macronutrients. Each macronutrient’s page has links to a number of resources pertaining to that particular nutrient.
- Harvard School of Public Health
- University of Sydney. This site allows you to search for the glycemic index and glycemic load for a large number of foods.
- USDA: Vitamins & Minerals. This page has links to information about the major vitamins and minerals and links to further resources about each nutrient (e.g. clinical trials, fact sheets, etc.)
- National Institutes of Health – Office of Dietary Supplements: Dietary Supplement Fact Sheets. Fact sheets for health professionals and consumers are available.
- Examine.com Supplement-Goals Reference Guide. For those who want very thorough, easy-to-understand, research-based information on dietary supplements, this guide is an incredible resource. Personally, this guide saves me an enormous amount of time when I am researching a dietary supplement. The guide distills the important research studies performed on each supplement and leaves you with the current evidence for the effectiveness of the supplement. Quite a bit of the information in this product is available for free on Examine.com, but the information has a nicer organization and presentation in the Reference Guide. If you want to read more about professionals who recommend the guide, you can do so here.
Understanding Health Research
- On this site:
- Biodigital Human. This is a free program that allows you to manipulate a 3-dimensional human body. If you are interested in learning musculoskeletal anatomy to better understand the movements and muscles used in your favorite form of exercise, this can be a great tool. You have to create an account to use this resource, but it is free.
- Zygote Body. This is another free program that allows you to manipulate a human body and learn its anatomy. I tend to prefer Biodigital Human, but Zygote is a good option too. With Zygote, you don’t have to create an account and the interface is a little bit simpler.